We can achieve so much from the touch of a couple of buttons now.
But, there's more to formatting and design than meets the eye . . .
Manderey can improve your professional image by adding style to your marketing and sales material, and reports.
A reflection on the past
Here's a brief look at where we've advanced from. I graduated from Holmes Business College in the late 1970's. In Typing Class we were taught how to centre and bold a heading the old fashioned way.
We had to:
- Know the number of spaces from page edge to page edge
- Subtract the number of spaces in the left and right margins
- Count the number of letters in the heading
- Divide that by 2
- Subtract that number from the number of spaces left between the margins
- Space the calculated number from the left margin
- Type the heading
- Carriage return
- Wind the roller back 2 notches to type over the typed letters to make it appear bold!
No Delete button. We were taught the correct way to use a typewriter rubber - the teacher would hold the sheet up to the light and if you'd rubbed too hard (allowing too much light to show) marks were deducted.
'Copy' meant using carbon paper (or type it all again).
Aren't you glad we've advanced . . . I wonder where all the outdated office equipment ended up?
I love how the software and short cuts are evolving. I can appreciate where we've been and more importantly where we're going!
I keep up to date with current design - in text and image based software. I can help you design for your own business needs and have a range of templates to make it even easier.